Uwe Christiansen, one of the most successful and established barkeepers of Hamburg told us the very best insider tips around Hamburg’s bars, hotels, restaurants and co. Here is his recommendation for the best bars in town.
Time for a Drink!
We have summarized Uwe Christiansen’s top 6 Hanseatic bars for you:
- Feel like a very posh rabbit in The Rabbit Hole Bar! This bar pairs a cosy pub atmosphere with an elegant flair. With bar owner Constanze Lay´s cocktail creations and classics, this bar turns everybody into a happy rabbit.
- Yohoho and a bottle of rum! The Boiler Man Bar has specialized itself in whisky and rum. Its an unique concept which spreads in Europe as a franchise at the moment. If you are a fan of fine high balls and American whisky, this is the perfect place for you.
- If you like it kingly, le lion is your place to go on a Friday night! The Bar which has developed the famous gin basil smash and used to be listed on the top 100 of the best Bars in the world, convinces with its classy ambience.
- Get higher! Enjoy the spectacular view over st. Pauli. The Clouds bar is located right on top of the „Tanzende Türme“ on the „Reeperbahn“ in floor 22 to 24.
- Tortue is French for turtle and the two bars stick to this theme. It reminds you on the endless depth of the oceans and dispenses with any colour aside from blue and black.
- Uwe Christiansen´s own bar is one of the top bars in the world. Like the name Christiansen´s Fine Drinks and Cocktails reveals, this is the place where you can enjoy the world-class of cocktails. By the way: Our expert Uwe was the winner of countless Cocktail contests, to which jury he counts nowadays.
Where and When:
- The Rabbit Hole: Kleine Freiheit 42, Hamburg; opened Monday to Saturday from 08:00pm to 03:00am
- The BoilermanBar: Eppendorfer Weg 211, Hamburg; opened Monday to Saturday from 06:00pm to 02:00pm and Sunday from 06:00pm till midnight
- Le lion: Rathausstraße 3, Hamburg; opened Monday to Saturday from 06:00pm to 03:00am and Sunday from 06:00pm to at least 01:00am
- Clouds: Reeperbahn 1, Hamburg; opened daily from 11:30am to 04:00am
- Tortue Bar: Stadthausbrücke 10, Hamburg; opened 24/7
- Christiansen´s: Pinnasberg 60, Hamburg; opened from Monday to Thursday 08:00pm to 02:00am, Friday 08:00pm to 03:00am and Saturday 08:00pm to 04:00am
But before you enjoy your drinks and cocktails in the most stylish bars of Hamburg, you might want to satisfy your hunger?! Uwe Christiansen also knows where to fill your stomach with delicious sushi and where to go fort he best burger in town!